Program Assistant-Urban Refugee(Re-Advertised)
- Collaborate closely with the Coordinator and the Officer to implement relevant and responsive, rights-based activities that build upon the existing assets of the targeted refugee communities. Activities will emphasize protection-related refugee outreach and engagement, with a particular emphasis on access to information and services.
- Assist the Officer in ensuring high quality day-to-day technical management of the Information Hub and of activities, including the identification of protection risks and vulnerabilities, with awareness of issues related to gender, age and diversity.
- Assist in the management of refugee incentive outreach workers, and support respectful and positive working relationships for the effective implementation of activities.
- Support the Officer in overseeing project locations, including regular activity monitoring.
- Under the direction of the Officer, assist in related reporting. This will include providing weekly and monthly reports supported by high quality documentation.
- Provide ongoing general monitoring of the operating context to ensure relevance and accountability to DRC’s beneficiary populations.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive files of activities, and other relevant documentation.
- In this position, you will also be expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for Excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the Lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating Integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an entry to mid-level position, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response working for an international NGO, UN agency or relevant ministry or local authority.
- Experience working with mixed migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, and/or internally displaced persons, preferably on protection-related issues, using community mobilization and participatory approaches.
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills with ability to work both independently and within a team in a demanding work environment.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.) Bachelor’s degree in development studies, social work and social sciences or other relevant field from a recognized institution Languages: (indicate fluency level) Excellent verbal and written proficiency in Tigrinya, Amharic and English.. TO APPLY Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than April 2, 2019. “Application will be reviewed on rolling basis”. For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk. Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap. Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics. We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.