Jobs in Uganda – Grants and Finance Job at Aga Khan Foundation – Career Opportunity in Uganda
Grants and Finance
[ Type: FULL_TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Aga Khan Foundation also found at https://www.akdn.org
Deadline of this Job:
29th April 2019
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa , 00256 , UG
Date Posted: 19th April 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Currency: UGX , Value: 1500000 , Minimum: 1050000 , Maximum: 4500000 , Period: MONTH
For nearly 50 years. AKF has been partnering with communities, governments and local leaders to harness: the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human. dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’S integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements Innovative, community-driven solutions that are based in decades of experience learning and evaluation in Uganda, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programs in education, early childhood development, sustainable economic development and civil society strengthening.
AKF in consultation with various stakeholders in the disability sector have co-produced a multi-donor-funded initiative to strengthen the institutional and technical capacities of disabled persons organisations (DPOs)’in Uganda. The first phase of this anticipated four-year initiative places emphasis on strengthening the DPOs‘ internal systems including capacity to learn, adapt, and raise funds, and on providing opportunities for the DPOs to-design and implement innovative approaches, and thus the need to fill the following positions to meet the needs.
Grants and Finance – Capacity Strengthening for Disabled Persons Organisations (Cap4DPOs) in Uganda
Purpose of the Role
The position directly reports to the Country Finance Manager and will provide technical support in Grant and Financial Accounting to the project, as well as reporting and ensuring compliance to grant regulations and relevant financial policies of AKF Uganda.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the proper maintenance of the FIS and the books and records.
• Ensure compliance to organisational, donor and statutory requirements.
• Ensure that all financial reports are prepared and submitted timely. accurately and in line with specific requirements.
• Monitor and manage activity advance requests including timely review and liquidation of such advances.
• Ensure proper cash management by providing monthly and quarterly cash flow projections (in consultation with management), requesting for cash and following up on disbursements. .
• Lead/Coordinate the preparation of annual budget of the project r
• Contribute to the preparation and periodical reviews of the projects annual work plan
• Prepare periodical budget performance analysis and provide variance explanations Subgrantee management
• Monitor expenditure on subgrantees on a periodical basis and generate intormation that is useful to management
• Review financial reports from subgrantees and ensure accordance to donor requirements and ensuring their accuracy and timeliness.
• Reviewing and consolidating funding requests/projections from the subgrantees. This includes follow ups with relevant persons in the field on all issues related to accuracy of the information
• Generating financial analyses on sub grantees that will provide management with information for decision making.
Stakeholder focus & Satisfaction
Participate in donor and Agency stakeholder meetings. Ensure compliance in program and minimize the associated risk of grant and financial management.
Learning & Development
• Develop capacity Building programs and roll them out to subgrantees on Donor Regulations and requirements
• Audit and review
• Visit implementing subgrantees tor internal audit and reviews coordinate all external grant reviews/ audits tor the project
Minimum Qualification and Experience .
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or Business Related field and Accounting Qualification-GPA, AGCA, CIMA.
• A minimum of five years’ progressive experience in multi donor funding environment.
• Must have expertise in computerised accounting systems _ ‘
• Must have good interpersonal skills to engage productively with all levels of staff in addition to excellent communication skills
• She/he must have the ability to work under pressure with ‘ multiple tasks. demands and deadlines under minimal supervision
• Thorough understanding of Donor Financial Systems and Regulations, Budgeting and Forecasting
• System Thinking
• Quality Focus
• Awareness of the external Environment
• Sound appreciation of information Systems
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified applicants in this exciting career opportunity should send their cover letter, CV names and contact information of 3 professional referees to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position being applied for as the title in the subject line, addressed to the Regional Human Resorts Manager. Aga Khan Foundation East Africa by 29th April 2019, “AKF is An Equal Opportunity Employer and Committed to safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adult and all Staff and Partners