Jobs in Uganda – Project Director Job at Aga Khan Foundation – Career Opportunity in Uganda
[ Type: FULL_TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Administrative & Office ]
Aga Khan Foundation also found at https://www.akdn.org
Deadline of this Job:
29th April 2019
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa , 00256 , UG
Date Posted: 19th April 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Currency: UGX , Value: 1500000 , Minimum: 1050000 , Maximum: 4500000 , Period: MONTH
For nearly 50 years. AKF has been partnering with communities, governments and local leaders to harness: the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human. dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’S integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements Innovative, community-driven solutions that are based in decades of experience learning and evaluation in Uganda, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programs in education, early childhood development, sustainable economic development and civil society strengthening.
AKF in consultation with various stakeholders in the disability sector have co-produced a multi-donor-funded initiative to strengthen the institutional and technical capacities of disabled persons organisations (DPOs)’in Uganda. The first phase of this anticipated four-year initiative places emphasis on strengthening the DPOs‘ internal systems including capacity to learn, adapt, and raise funds, and on providing opportunities for the DPOs to-design and implement innovative approaches, and thus the need to fill the following positions to meet the needs.
Project Director – Capacity Strengthening for Disabled Persons Organisations (Cap4DPOs) in Uganda
Purpose of the role
The Project Director (PD) will manage a project Management team, playing a key role in facilitating overall strategy, management and oversight of the DPO capacity strengthening initiative. The PD will report to AKF Uganda Country Manager and work closely with AKF East Africa Civil Society Advisor,.
• Accountable for the technical oversight of the project, and lead and motivate staff comprised of a Learning and Reporting Officer, and three Capacity Strengthening Specialists
• Coordinate the development, implementation and learning around the capacity strengthening activities. This includes capacity’ assessments, trainings, technical assistance, coaching and mentorship and providing direct capacity development support to the DPOs
• Focal point for coordination among implementing partners and the DPOs, ensuring excellent inter-organisation communication and joint implementation
• Support the development and maintenance of an M&E framework and system tor the project ensuring synergies between M&E, program, and finance
• Coordinate the work planning and reporting processes. respectively, and submission to the donor
• Ensure the project team articulates lessons learnt, challenges, and risks emerging from the project; and feeds these back into the planning and implementation processes
• Ensure the capacity strengthening initiative has a visible profile within and beyond the region ‘
• Ensure the project team fulfils its function as the secretariat to the projects governance bodies including coordination of-the projects Steering Committee ‘
• Facilitate close facilitation with the other projects supported by the donor to improve the quality and approaches of capacity strengthening interventions critical to positioning the DPOs to deliver on their mandate?
• Work closely with partners to ‘build relationships with relevant government and semiautonomous government agencies and stakeholders to engage them on key disability sector capacity building issues
Quality and Experience
• A minimum of 8 years‘ experience in similar roles
• Demonstrated excellence in development project management and coordination
• Knowledge and experience in the disability sector and
• Conduct organizational capacity and due-diligence, understanding of disability issues in Uganda
• Strong understanding of the civil society landscape in Uganda and familiarity with organisational strengthening approaches
• An understanding of organizational development trends, technologies and practices Leadership qualities, motivational skills, mentoring ability; proven experience overseeing and developing a team
• Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary controls Solid experience writing comprehensive, high quality narrative reports;
• Experience supporting staff to engage in reporting by systematically collecting and compiling correct, meaningful information/data, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously in a highly stressful and challenging environment
• Fluency in written and spoken English required
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified applicants in this exciting career opportunity should send their cover letter, CV names and contact information of 3 professional referees to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position being applied for as the title in the subject line, addressed to the Regional Human Resorts Manager. Aga Khan Foundation East Africa by 29th April 2019,
“AKF is An Equal Opportunity Employer and Committed to safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adult and all Staff and Partners