Jobs in Uganda – Senior Capacity Strengthening Officer Job at Aga Khan Foundation – Career Opportunity in Uganda
Senior Capacity Strengthening Officer
[ Type: FULL_TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Administrative & Office ]
Aga Khan Foundation also found at https://www.akdn.org
Deadline of this Job:
29th April 2019
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa , 00256 , UG
Date Posted: 19th April 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Currency: UGX , Value: 1500000 , Minimum: 1050000 , Maximum: 4500000 , Period: MONTH
For nearly 50 years. AKF has been partnering with communities, governments and local leaders to harness: the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human. dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’S integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements Innovative, community-driven solutions that are based in decades of experience learning and evaluation in Uganda, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programs in education, early childhood development, sustainable economic development and civil society strengthening.
AKF in consultation with various stakeholders in the disability sector have co-produced a multi-donor-funded initiative to strengthen the institutional and technical capacities of disabled persons organisations (DPOs)’in Uganda. The first phase of this anticipated four-year initiative places emphasis on strengthening the DPOs‘ internal systems including capacity to learn, adapt, and raise funds, and on providing opportunities for the DPOs to-design and implement innovative approaches, and thus the need to fill the following positions to meet the needs.
Senior Capacity Strengthening Officer for Disabled Persons Organisation (Cap4DPOs) in Uganda
Purpose of the role
The senior capacity strengthening officer will oversee the range of DPO capacity strengthening activities undertaken through the project. A key focus will be ensuring that NUDIPU and the DPOs benefit optimally from the capacity strengthening initiative through identification (capacity assessments, due-diligence evaluations) ‘and development and delivery of appropriate of solutions for their capacity needs. The officer will ensure sustainable growth and development of the DPOs. ‘The later will include ensuring availability of follow-up support and, mentoring resources for the DPOs. The officer will report to the Project Director and work closely with the AKF East ‘ Africa Civil Society Advisor..
• Supervise at least two capacity strengthening officers
• Conduct organizational capacity and due-diligence assessments with NUDIPU and the DPO V
• Contribute to the design ot the capacity-building strategy and coordinate experts working on strategic aspects of capacity building of DPOs
• Ensure delivery of all customized capacity; strengthening-related activities tor DPOs in diverse areas of organizational development (i.e. program management, resource mobilization, and monitoring and evaluation)
• Work‘ closely with implementing partners and similar projects funded by the donor to ensure synergy, andthat adequate capacity is built in various areas as determined through the organizational capacity and due-diligence assessments
• Provide technical direction in activity planning tor all capacity development components
• Develop materials and processes tor specific areas/topics , identified as needed for capacity development ot the DPOs, including training. mentoring and coaching ot their staff, peer learning and other methodologies
• Ensure flexibility and high quality of the capacity“ development support provided to NUDlPU and the DPOs
• Support all protect monitoring, evaluation, learning and periodic reporting related to capacity building
• Contribute to the development of annual work plans, performance monitoring systems and tools, and writing of project reports.
• Remain up-to-date with latest capacity development‘ methodologies, Lest practices, and donor requirements and ensure that the project capacity development results are consistent with the best practices ‘
• Actively participate in the projects learning opportunities
Qualiﬁcation and Experience
• Masters or a related advanced degree in international development, organizational development, business or public management or a related area
• A minimum of 5 years related experience in implementing 3 technical and organizational capacity building programs
• An understanding oi organizational development trends, technologies and practices ,
• Substantial demonstrated experience in developing their capacity of community-based organizations and networks. ,
• Proficiency with activities, theories, methods and technology in capacity development field Ability to work” collaboratively and constructively with community-based organizations that are on the front lines of impact ‘
• Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
• Commitment to Aga Khan Foundation’s Safeguarding policy
• Fluency in written and spoken English required
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified applicants in this exciting career opportunity should send their cover letter, CV names and contact information of 3 professional referees to the following email address: email@example.com with the position being applied for as the title in the subject line, addressed to the Regional Human Resorts Manager. Aga Khan Foundation East Africa by 29th April 2019, “AKF is An Equal Opportunity Employer and Committed to safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adult and all Staff and Partners