Administrative Assistant | ReliefWeb
Catholic Relief Services a Development Organization is seeking qualified, experienced, and highly motivated Administrative Assistant who will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
The position is based in Yaoundé/Cameroon
· Serve as the receptionist, welcoming all visitors to the CRS office in Yaoundé and contacting the staff they are visiting
· Submit procurement requests for goods and services; check the accuracy of submitted requestor forms and create requisitions in Insight in a timely manner
· Ensure proper documentation and file management for requests and other documents. Work with Finance and all projects to ensure sub-recipients are accurately tracked in Project Insight system.
· Facilitate communication with all units of the organization and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/letters/documents.
· Provide specialized administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
· Prepare transactional documents in support of general operations processes and support coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, etc.).
· Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to general administration processes (e.g. various contact lists, employee leave balances, staff attendance reports, Vehicle Log Sheets review, visitors’ welcome packages, etc.).
· Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
· Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
· High School diploma required. Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Administration preferred.
· Two years’ experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience.
· Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
· Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
· Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
· Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
· Extremely flexible and can cope with stressful situations.
· Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
Required Travel: Must be willing and able to travel to 10%.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
Application files including Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:
The Resident Representative
By email to: [email protected] specifying “**Administrative Assistant -Yaoundé“**in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: October 6th, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
This position is a local position and only open for National Cameroonians in country.
Females’ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that this organization requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the agency Safeguarding Policy