Offre d’emploi Cameroun : Regional Programme Lead Saving Lives and Livelihoods Programme – Lusaka, Abuja, Addis Ababa
The Regional Program Lead will oversee the execution of the vaccine rollout program in Member States. In addition, the Regional Lead will be responsible for developing strategic initiatives specific to the region . He / she will also be supporting the national vaccination programs by Member States.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Regional Programme Lead shall:
- Liaise with government focal points for defining country plans and supporting program delivery
- Oversee all Saving Lives, Livelihoods, and Economies programme implementation regionally and in member countries
- Engage with partner organizations at regional and country level to ensure collaboration and alignment between different efforts for the roll-out of COVID-19 vaccines
- Monitor and validate progress of regional implementing partners and report performance to the PMU
- Identify strategic objectives and priorities for the region by continually assessing the performance of the programme and the need of Member States in the region
- Develop regional plans and work to achieve its objectives
- Work with the Technical Assistance Team to provide technical expertise to regional implementing partners on a proactive basis or based on the request of the regional implementing partners
- Lead the hiring and staffing of technical experts and National Coordinators for the Regional Team
- Manage and monitor the performance of National Coordinators and provide the necessary guidance and support to ensure the smooth flow of work and to improve performance
- Manage risks associated with Africa CDC Program Management Unit operations in the region
- Represent Africa CDC in a professional manner, which creates a positive image and enhances the credibility of the organization
- Perform any other duties as requested by the RCC Coordinator
Qualification and work experience required:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or associated fields of study. Candidates need to have at least 10 years of work experience of which 6 years is spent as an expert and 3 years at a supervisory role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or associated fields of study. Candidates need to have at least 12 years of work experience of which 6 years is spent as an expert and 3 years at a supervisory role
Required skills and Competencies
- Excellent leadership skills including the capacity to organize people to achieve a shared goal and inspire staff
- Experience in managing multi-stakeholder and multi country programs
- Excellent diplomatic, representational, interpersonal and communication skills, including experience with successfully interacting with stakeholders and decision-makers in technical and other professional settings
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills for organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation;
- Skills in translating highly technical information into presentations, briefings and report and funding proposals for both technical and lay audiences
- Excellent computer skills, including word-processing capabilities, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications, experience in using office software applications such as MS Excel, Power Point and Word
b. Personal Abilities
- Leadership and management abilities. Pro-active and solutions oriented.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and with external actors.
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team spirit.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a culturally diverse team
- Adaptive, patient, resourceful, resilient and flexible.
- Applicants must be proficient in at least one of the African Union working languages (English, French, Arabic or Portuguese). Knowledge of two or more of African Union working languages would be an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment
The appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of three years, of which the first three months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and fund availability.
The Africa CDC is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 42,879.00 (P4 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% to 57% of basic salary depending of duty station), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), education allowance (100% of tuition and other education related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10, 000.00 per child per annum), etc. for internationally recruited staff..
How to apply:
How to apply: Submit your resume, application letter, and relevant documentation to:
The Administration & Human Resource Office
African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
https://recruitment.afenet.net and a copy on Email: [email protected]
*ONLY successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
Please note that all applications should be sent online by close of business 5:30 pm (EAT) Friday November 26, 2021
Critères de l’annonce pour le poste : Regional Programme Lead Saving Lives and Livelihoods Programme
Métiers de la santé et du social
|Secteur d´activité :||
Santé, pharmacie, hôpitaux, équipements médicaux
|Type de contrat :|
Bafoussam – Bamenda – Bertoua – Buéa – Douala – Ebolowa – Garoua – Maroua – Ngaoundéré – Yaoundé – International
|Ville :||Lusaka, Abuja, Addis Ababa|
|Niveau d’expérience :||
Expérience entre 2 ans et 5 ans
|Niveau d’études :|
|Nombre de poste(s) :||3|