Chief of Party | ReliefWeb
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall project management, quality and timeliness of deliverables, external representation, and coordination with USAID’s COR/AOR. S/he will be responsible for establishing an office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, recruiting Core Staff, and managing a network of qualified professionals to serve as short term technical advisors. The Chief of Party will provide strategic vision for managing the activities and will ensure the quality of work and compliance with contractual obligations and results and will be responsible for the quality and performance of work that is sub-contracted to other partners.
This activity will incorporate basic education, higher education, and family planning resources to empower youth to advance their own social, economic, and civic development. Simultaneously, the project aims to strengthen the capacity of Ethiopian higher education institutions, youth-serving organizations, and health and financial service providers to support economic and social opportunities for youth (aged 15-29) in Addis Ababa and 10-15 key secondary cities.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Chief of Party will report to the Project Director based in Washington, DC.
- Lead strategic planning and implementation for the project; oversee all technical and operational managerial decisions related to project delivery including ME&L systems, technical assistance and community outreach;
- Serve as technical expert and provide oversight on capacity and advocacy building activities that increase youth civic engagement at the community and national level;
- Technical oversight of employability and skills building systems for youth that leads to strengthened ties with the private sector and the establishment of more youth-led enterprises;
- Provide leadership and oversight on activities to decrease barriers and increase access to youth-friendly services;
- Recruit and supervise long and short-term local, US, and TCN operations and technical staff;
- Manage quality oversight of all services and products provided by the program; and
Ensure close collaboration with USAID, Government of Ethiopian counterparts, local, youth-led associations, technical vocational education and training (TVET) institutions, and the private sector.Qualifications
Master’s degree in international development, Business, Economics, or a related field, required;
Minimum 8 years of experience required in livelihoods and youth workforce development and private sector engagement;
Minimum 10 years of experience required in the design, management and implementation of international development projects;
Demonstrated experience required in leading teams and managing an office with a diverse staff;
Demonstrated experience required in building organizational capacity, systems strengthening and designing and conducting training;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required;
- Has an established relationship or previous collaboration experience with Government of Ethiopia and private sector preferred;
- Experience implementing Positive Youth Development programming highly desired.