WaSH Expert | ReliefWeb
COOPI is looking for a WaSH Expert in Ethiopia
COOPI started its operations in Ethiopia in 1995. In 2020, COOPI is implementing 15 projects in the sectors of WaSH, Food Security, Emergency Response and Energy in the 3 regions of Oromia, Afar and Somali. We promote access to safe water and efficient irrigation; hygiene and sanitation for rural populations working in communities, schools and health centers.
We are also responding to emergencies including forced displacements, floods and recently desert locusts. Our organisation promotes agriculture, livestock and sustainable employment. COOPI sustain the coffee value chain and increase long lasting youths employment.
Purpose of the vacancy
The WaSH Expert :
- will have direct responsibility on the project coordination and implementation and on the AICS project;
- is responsible for the project’s execution, in technical, economic/financial terms, in terms of resources management on field, and in terms of internal and external reporting in compliance with COOPI and the donor’s procedures;
- ensures the expected results attainment in budget management;
- ensures the delivery of the project on-time, on-quality, on-budget;
- reports to: Head of Mission, Advisors and Emergency Coordinator.
We encourage international staff already in the country to apply.
- Prepare the agreement with the regions;
- Draft detailed activities workplan;
- Draft the project procurement plan;
- Draft the project expenditures in the PREPPY (activity lines);
- Attend the grant opening meeting;
- Coordinate and support the Program Coordinator and MEAL Co. to prepare the M&E plan for all projects according to Log Frames;
- Preparation and presentation of agreement with the region, consolidate and review draft ToRs for activities implementation (background, methodology, objectives, results, activities, BoQ, monitoring and post monitoring table linked to result framework, cash, materials, transport);
- Lead weekly meetings requiring the participation of support staff, as needed;
- Review past weekly activities with the team; solve and/or report to the program coordinator all challenges;
- Approve next weekly plans including movement plan of activities with the team;
- Approve weekly movement orders with a direct link with with support staff and logistics departments;
- Consolidate monthly activity plan and submit them to the Program Coordinator and HoP.
- According to the issue faced: For managerial issues (logistic, HR, transport, procurement, administration, etc.) – Propose and implement solutions with the team, – Solve it directly, – Link with program coordinator, logistics and administration. For technical issues link with the the advisory team;
- Manage the activity implementation directly according to the weekly plans;
- Organize monitoring field visits;
- Implement the technical solutions negotiated and proposed by the advisory group and managerial decisions negotiated with the program coordinator and if needed the advisory group;
- Review the work of the contractors and Implementing Partners, supporting the field level supervision;
- Follow up and ensure consistency and accountability;
- Link with the advisory group as necessary to approve completion reports for works;
- Lead in the elaboration, preparation and collection of M&E data linking with the program coordinator and MEAL Co;
- Lead in the implementation of baseline, midterm monitoring, post-monitoring survey, end-line surveys and all data collection required for activities implementation, reporting on results and objectives as required by the advisors and ToRs (with Kobo when possible).
- Compile weekly reporting;
- Prepare monthly reports and submit them to the program coordination and M&E officer;
- Receive and prepare monthly preppy and submit them to the program coordinator and advisors;
- Lead the collection of technical activities reports from the technical team, liaise with the program coordinator and advisory group;
- Compile the first draft of all reports required by the donor and government institutions (interim, final, ad hoc, etc) using data from M&E, monthly reports and technical reports (e.g. post distribution monitoring, completion reports, etc.);
- Participate in grant closing meetings for every closed grant.
- Support the program coordinator to approve project proposals at regional level;
- Attend regional level, Woredas and Kebele level coordination meetings and share key points;
- Lead the organization of internal and donors meeting to the project sites, liaising with advisory group and HoM;
- Prepare and meet with donors visiting the sites of implementation;
- Provide inputs to the advisor group in the definition of the country strategy within SMT meeting;
- Ensure an active participation in relevant technical working group.
- Contribute in drafting new project proposals;
- Share project ideas and concepts as deemed useful, propose written innovative actions in the area of intervention;
- Review and support the collection of information from the area of intervention (Zone, Woredas and Kebele, community, local partners, NGOs, etc.);
- Liaise with the program coordinator, MEAL and advisory group.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisors.
- University degree relevant subject with post graduate degree;
- Proficiency in English and Italian;
- Experience in working with different donors (ECHO, EHF, CERF, USAID etc.);
- Experience in Emergency Response related with internal displacement;
- Strong technical expertise in WASH related activities;
- Good knowledge of humanitarian standard and background (ex. Sphere standard);
- Good report writing skills.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.