Finance and Administration Manager (FAM)
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to the Request for Task Order Proposals for the USAID/Libya Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (LMELA). SoCha is looking for qualified individuals to fill the role of Finance and Administration Manager.
Scope of Work
The Finance and Administration Manager position will report directly to the Chief of Party and interface with SoCha’s home office.
**This is a designated local hire position and preference will be given to Tunisian and Libyan applicants**
Illustrative Functions of the Position
- Oversee project finance, procurement, and administration;
- Maintain reliable and accurate accounting records for the project;
- Produce monthly field reports for SoCha’s home office;
- Develop financial reports for USAID, including quarterly accrual reports;
- Review and verify the accuracy of monthly invoices;
- Develop annual revenue projections;
- Analyze budgeted-to-actual expenditures and “burn rate”;
- Oversee a team of approximately three staff that work on finance and administration, operations and human resources, and logistics and office administration;
- Oversee monthly payroll and preparation of social charges and tax remittances for staff;
- Retain and maintain financial records;
- Ensure compliance with US Government, USAID, and SoCha policies and procedures for finance, procurement, and human resources; and
- Ensure compliance with labor laws.
- Provide senior-level oversight of field team operations, ensuring safety standards are met.
- Work with Operations Team to arrange transport, IT, and communication services as needed for task order assignments.
- Troubleshoot operational challenges as they arise relating to MEL and verification activities expected in the delivery of this contract.
- Build capacity of partner institutions to meet US Government standards of finance, administration, and operational capacity.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree (finance, accounting, business, or a related degree);
- 5+ years’ experience managing finances for donor-funded projects;
- Experience overseeing project budgets;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Word;
- Experience with QuickBooks software; and
- Knowledge of payroll and benefits.
- Experience overseeing the finance and accounting of USAID-funded activities preferred.
- French, Arabic and English language proficiency.
- Libyan and Tunisian applicants preferred.
Location: Tunis, Tunisia