Head, Compliance at Reputable Savings & Loans Company
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Reputable Savings & Loans Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
In order to meet the demands of our expanding business especially in the area of regulatory and internal compliance to policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements, a reputable financial institution seeks to hire a young and dynamic individual to fill its’ Head,Compliance vacancy. This is a Head level role, which will also be an executive position reporting to the CEO and the board risk committee.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish and continuously improve a consistent operating framework for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of Compliance risks and issues.
- Responsible for ensuring that the operating framework meets internal and statutory requirements.
- Responsible for the review, challenge and roll-out of Compliance Policies and standards.
- To provide advice and guidance to business units and management on all compliance issues.
- Report to relevant governance committees, by providing or presenting clear and concise compliance reports to the board, as needed.
- Providing strategic direction to management team on compliance matters.
- Promote a compliance culture throughout the institution.
- Ensure that internal policies do not contravene current and/or proposed legislation, rules and regulations.
- Determine the impact of current (Banking Institutions Act, etc.) and new legislation etc.), rules and regulations on the institution, its current/new projects and current/new products.
- Assist Line Management to comply with applicable statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements and to avoid sanctions related to market conduct.
- Evaluate new laws and regulations and stay abreast of all legislative and regulatory developments both locally and globally that might have an impact on the institution.
- Monitor non-compliance and escalate any issues where non-compliance is not addressed.
- To manage, track and ensure all issues are closed in a timely manner and in compliance with the agreed time lines.
- Develops and ensures approval by board on annual Compliance Programme
- Support in the training and development of staff to appreciate regulations and policies that affect their day to day work and has the propensity to affect regulations.
- Support in the review and implementation of institutional policies that impact on risk, regulations and the compliance function.
- Interacting with regulators on compliance issues
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree from a recognized Tertiary Institution in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Marketing and any other relevant Social Science field.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in general banking operations and compliance
- Must have a thorough understanding of banking and credit operation processes, policies and procedures
- Should have experience in retail banking (credit and other financial products) to both new customers and existing customers.
- A general knowledge and understanding of banking, as well as legislation, rules and regulations impacting banking or good understanding of compliance requirements for a financial institution
- Good computer literacy knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to clearly express logically reasoned ideas.
- Ability to think clearly and asses matters quickly and to solve problems with the minimum fuss and time.
- Ability to make/take calculated decisions and to think forward and act accordingly.
- Knowledge of sourcing information (including internet).
- Strong Christian background and sensitivity to gender equality issues
- Has strong Board room experience and ability to engage at very high level
- Logic thinking /reasoning,
- Leadership and Management skills
- Emotional maturity
- Self-starter and dedicated
Method of Application
All interested applicants should send their application and CVs to [email protected] not later than May 31, 2020. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
JOB FRAUD ALERT – BE WARNED!!
Do NOT Pay MONEY to any Employer Before Getting a JOB!! : Call +233(0)201533571 to Report a Job To Be Pulled Down ASAP!!