Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) & Evaluation Specialists
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to the Request for Task Order Proposals for the USAID/Libya Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (LMELA). To provide quality MEL services, we seek qualified MEL and Evaluation professionals at the senior, mid, and assistant levels. Senior Specialist candidates may be nominated as Key Personnel as part of the bid process and onboarded on successful contract award to SoCha and donor approval.
**These are designated local hire positions and preference will be given to Tunisian and Libyan applicants**
Scope of Work
Illustrative Functions of the Position
Exact reporting relationships will depend on the program design that SoCha delivers. Positions would frequently report directly to a Chief of Party, Senior Technical Advisor, or similar position.
The MEL and/or Evaluation Specialists will work with USAID/Libya’s program and technical offices to:
- Optimize evaluation statements of work;
- Select evaluation methodologies;
- Oversee evaluations in any sector where USAID works;
- Provide MEL support to USAID and its implementing partners;
- Provide dedicated capacity building assistance in MEL operations and quality assurance;
- Conduct MEL trainings;
- Advise USAID and implementing partners on their MEL plans;
- Lead data quality assessments;
- Participate in Mission portfolio reviews;
- Oversee the advancement of learning agendas and evidence that improves USAID’s programs;
- Contribute data and insight from evaluations at learning events; and
- Provide other MEL technical support as needed.
We are Actively Seeking the CVs of Specialists with Experience in One or More of the Following Areas to be added to our pool of consultants for future opportunities, on both short and long term contracts:
- Performance Monitoring, including:
- Developing performance monitoring plans
- Designing and optimizing quantitative and qualitative indicators for international development projects
- Designing or conducting performance or impact evaluations
- Mixing qualitative and quantitative methods
- Applying evaluation results to inform future programming
- Data Management
- Collecting and analyzing performance and financial data
- Developing GIS maps
- Data visualization
- Capacity Building in MEL
- Training monitoring and evaluation (M&E) professionals
- Coaching and mentoring local organizations in M&E methodologies
- Working with country evaluation associations to professionalize MEL
- Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting
- Coordinating with stakeholders
- Hosting learning events for international development partners
- Building institutional capacity and memory
- Incentivizing learning and sharing
- Facilitating learning events
- In addition to the categories above, subject matter expertise and research experience in the following sectors is also sought:
- Democracy and Governance (DG)
- Economic Growth
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Financial Literacy
- Market Systems
- Youth Development
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Prior experience working with USAID preferred (including on USAID-funded work).
- Libyan and Tunisian citizens and residents with the above skills are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with USAID’s program cycle, CLA (collaborating, learning, and adapting) approach, and/or knowledge management preferred.
- Demonstration of progressively responsible experience monitoring and evaluating complex donor-funded development programs, preferably including previous experience in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Demonstrated expertise across the range of tasks needed to successfully conduct or manage an evaluation or assessment, including developing high quality statements of work, familiarity with a full range of quantitative and qualitative evaluation and assessment methodologies, proficiency in data collection and analysis, experience fielding and managing qualified evaluation teams, and experience providing quality assurance across the evaluation/assessment process, from inception to the final report.
- Experience using diverse sources of information to inform organizational capacity building and learning is preferred.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and Arabic. Proficiency in French is preferred but not required.
- For Senior-level
- An advanced degree
- 7+ years experience with directly related experience in one or more of the areas outlined above (performance monitoring, evaluation, data management, capacity building, and/or learning).
- Demonstrated experience carrying out analyses and assessments to inform design and management decisions and keep activities on track towards achieving targeted results and long-term strategic objectives.
- For mid-level,
- A university qualification in a related subject
- Between 3-7 years of directly related experience.
- For assistant level,
- A university qualification
- Demonstrated experience coordinating research or evaluation tasks, providing management consultation services in the international development industry, or organizing formal training programs.
Location: Tunis, Tunisia