Senior MEL Technical Advisor – Southern Africa
SoCha, LLC is seeking CVs for a potential Senior MEL Technical Advisor position on a MEL platform project with a USAID Mission in Southern Africa. The position reports directly to the Chief of Party.
The salary range is USD $75,000 to $95,000.
Scope of Work
Illustrative Functions of the Positions
- Scopes evaluations and assessments with the Mission;
- Recommends methodologies and approaches;
- Oversees the quality of services that the project delivers;
- Advises the Advisors and evaluation teams on day-to-day technical issues;
- Removes roadblocks for evaluators in the field;
- Assures the intellectual rigor of assessments and evaluations;
- Reviews final draft deliverables; and
- Serves as the senior face of the project alongside the Chief of Party at events.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Advanced degree (or an additional 5 years of work experience in lieu of a masters) in sociology, management, law, public administration, economics, or other relevant social science field;
- At least 8 years of progressively responsible professional experience involving international development;
- Understanding of how MEL and CLA improve USAID’s programs.
- Demonstrated experience liaising with high-level private and public sector representatives.
- Proven ability to respond quickly to newly emergent tasks.
- Experience with US Government agencies and programs;
- Prior experience working in African cultures; and
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills in English.
Location: Southern Africa (to be determined)