Qualitative and Quantitative Researcher, MCC Cote d’Ivoire Compact TVET Activity Evaluation
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is planning to release a Request for Task Order Proposals (RFTOP) for the Cote d’Ivoire Compact Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Activity under the MCC Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) mechanism. The award value is anticipated to be made in the amount of $2,000,000. The TVET Activity established new TVET centers developed and managed through public-private partnerships with industries in Cote d’Ivoire.
Social Impact is seeking a Qualitative and Quantitative Researcher for the CDI Compact TVET Activity. In collaboration with the Evaluation Team Lead, the Researcher will contribute to the evaluation design, participate in instrument design, oversee data collection efforts, and lead qualitative and quantitative data analysis and report writing. Please note that this is a part-time consultancy position throughout the life of the assignment and is contingent on proposal award.
**** Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Ivorian citizenship will be considered. **
- Assess appropriate and feasible qualitative and quantitative evaluation methodologies.
- Conduct evaluation using qualitative and quantitative methods, assessing methodologies to ensure appropriateness and feasibility.
- Participate in the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments and develop and refine research questions.
- Conduct a desk review of relevant documentation.
- Participate in and/or lead interviews with selected stakeholders.
- Systematically analyze qualitative and quantitative data using an agreed-to analysis approach.
- Contribute to the final report and report revisions.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables, implementing SI quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with SI personnel and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Master’s degree or higher in a social science (Anthropology, Sociology, Economics, Statistics, Public Administration or Policy, Political Science) or another relevant field.
- At least 10 years of experience conducting rigorous evaluations using quantitative and qualitative methods as well as triangulating data from various sources.
- Extensive experience designing qualitative research protocols or questionnaires and overseeing data collection.
- Demonstrated experience conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Proficiency with a qualitative analysis package (ATLAS.ti, NUD*IST, Code-A-Text, Ethnograph, AnSWR, NVivo, or other).
- Proficiency with a quantitative analysis package (STATA, SPSS, R, or other).
- Oral and written fluency in English and French.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.