Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Specialist, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), Abidjan, Cte d””Ivoire
Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Specialist,
Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is recruiting a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Specialist for an anticipated Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) evaluation of the Côte d’Ivoire TVET Activity. The TVET Activity aims to improve the acquisition of quality, in-demand technical skills and increase job placement rates among graduates from the private sector-led TVET centers. It seeks to provide training to students in the skills and knowledge that are in-demand by the private sector. This new TVET model will be implemented through new and sustainable training centers, developed and managed through a public-private partnership with the private sector in Côte d’Ivoire.
The purpose of this evaluation will be to measure the effects of the TVET Activity on increased acquisition of in-demand technical skills and employment for graduates as well as the sustainability and quality of the supported TVET centers. The evaluation scope of work is expected to include a longitudinal study to understand how the components of this Activity contribute to desired outcomes and impacts through a quantitative analysis of beneficiaries and student results complemented by qualitative analysis of program improvement. The evaluation design will commence once the contract is awarded, expected for mid-2021. Travel requirements are not yet finalized but are a possibility.
The TVET Specialist will be the team lead and will be responsible for technical and methodological leadership of the evaluation. The specialist will also ensure that the intersections between gender and education are adequately integrated in the evaluation design and methodology, data collection instruments and procedures, data analysis, and reporting of the evaluation deliverables. This is not expected to be a full-time position and t he level of effort will be determined once the evaluation proposal is active.
· Conduct an evaluability assessment of the program being evaluated and develop a work plan for the evaluation
· Conduct an evaluation design workshop with stakeholders to build buy-in, establish coordination mechanisms, and define details for the evaluation design
· Lead the drafting and finalization of the evaluation design including evaluation methodology, data collection instruments, data collection and analysis plans, and other relevant sections. Focus will be given to gender and social considerations
· Oversee data collection and analysis. Data collection may consist of three rounds (baseline, midline and endline), each round with a survey and key informant interviews
· Lead the drafting of all evaluation reports and dissemination materials, following MCC guidance on transparent, reproducible and ethical data and documentation
· Lead dissemination efforts for the evaluation findings
· Ensure all evaluation processes and products meet the requirements and quality standards of MSI and MCC
- Ph.D. in education, sociology, economics, public policy or related field and at least 10 years of related experience required
- Experience designing and implementing tertiary and vocational education projects in developing countries required
- Experience with TVET quality management and accountability systems required
- Experience with private-sector partnerships in TVET required
- English and French fluency required
- Experience working in Côte d’Ivoire or francophone West Africa highly preferred
- Experience working on social and gender considerations in the TVET sector preferred
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.