Financial Accounting, Treasury & Control Manager at Platinum Careers
Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
Welcome to Platinum Careers, leaders in professional HR Services. Over the years we have supported many of the country’s top organizations to recruit, source and manage the highly-skilled talent they need to succeed in an increasingly competitive world.
Global Reach, Local Touch
We are a Human resource consulting company with head office in Ikoyi…
Read more about this company
Financial Accounting, Treasury & Control Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 8 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
Direct Reports: Accounting Staff Members
Principal Accountability: To support the CFO in providing operational leadership to the Financial & Accounting Team at the Hospital in Nigeria. To ensure department is efficiently set up and day to day effective management of accounting processes, the integrity of the general ledger, preparation of statutory Financial Reports, Suppliers’ Accounts Management, Customers’ Accounts Management, Inventory Controls, Non-Current Assets Schedule etc. The role oversees daily accounting transactions & bookings.
CORE FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounting & Accounting Controls
- Ensure the integrity of the accounting records by validating accounting entries.
- Ensure continuous/weekly /monthly review of the General Ledger
- Ensure that approval limits are strictly adhered to for both OPEX and CAPEX
- Effective management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings
- Conduct weekly/monthly analytics of the Suppliers’ and Customers’ accounts to identify unconventional accounting balances and irregular ageing.
- As it may be required from time to time, conduct reconciliations of suppliers’ & customers’ accounts. Ensure that all supplier reconciliations are monitored and highlight any problematic accounts to the CFO
- Ensure that Non-Current Assets (Fixed Assets) Schedule is effectively maintained, taking care of acquisitions, depreciations & disposals. All fixed asset items must be tagged with identity and location.
- In collaboration with the Internal Audit department, organize annual physical validation of all Fixed Assets items.
- Ensure effective inventory management; accounting & control. Perform a daily validation to control inventory balances. Conduct a monthly physical inventory count.
- Ensure bank reconciliations are conducted monthly and highlighted issues are resolved within the subsequent month.
- Oversee monthly processing of payroll.
- Work on the accounting period closures; monthly & annually.
- Support the CFO in reviewing and updating the company’s accounting controls and procedures manual.
- Support CFO in ensuring HIS is implemented and subsequently linked into Oracle
- Support in overseeing the billing and payments processes.
- Support the CFO on Treasury & Working Capital Management.
- Overseeing all debts owed to company from existing creditors and managing new requests for credit.
Preparation of Accounts
- Support CFO in ensuring the accuracy & integrity of the accounting records and financial system.
- Responsible for all journals and final General Ledger (GL) balances
- Produce monthly reconciliation pack for CFO to review by 5th working day of following month.
- Generate Trial Balance monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Support the CFO in the preparation of the statutory accounts & reports for the company in accordance with IFRS and the Nigeria legislations.
- Support in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation and submission of all tax returns for PAYE, CIT, WHT etc.
- Ensure company conforms with all tax laws relevant to healthcare sector.
- Support the CFO in effectively managing, motivating and developing the finance team. Supervise & review performance of the team members.
- Liaise with different departments to ensure the Finance department is properly supporting the needs of the Hospital business operations in Nigeria.
Relationship Management & Other Tasks
- Support the CFO in managing relationships with auditors, tax advisers & authorities, bankers, insurance brokers, relevant regulatory bodies and other relevant parties as may be directed by the CFO.
- Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications & experience are suited and as directed by the CFO.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of BSc / HND Accounting, Finance or related field.
- A professional qualification in accounting is a must. Preferably ICAN, ICAEW or ACCA.
- Master’s Degree in Business (MBA) Accounting and/or Finance strongly preferred.
**KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- *Sound understanding of Accounting & Finance. Applied knowledge of accounting flows.
- Good knowledge of IFRS
- Experience in ORACLE Financial or a similar environment
- Knowledgeable in Nigerian taxation & tax management
- Proficient in MS-Excel
- Good at accounting analytics.
- Minimum of 8 cumulative years of relevant work experience in accounting and finance. 3 of those years should be at managerial level.
- Experience in an ORACLE Financial or similar accounting software.
- *Experience in healthcare sector (Hospital or HMO) is desirable.
- High level of professional ethics
- *Trustworthiness / Honesty / Integrity
- Dedication / Proactiveness / Self-Motivation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Platinum Careers on platinum-careers.com to apply