Transport Officer at Cedarcrest Hospital Limited
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Cedarcrest Hospitals / Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd is a modern specialist medical care centre located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria’s blossoming capital. It was established in January 2008 with the aim of providing a high standard of local healthcare that is comparable with what obtains in other more developed parts of the world.
The centre st…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Logistics
Ref Id: #AL00002
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Admin Officer, as a driver you will be responsible for checking the vehicles before and after work, keeping it clean inside and outside as well as reporting any faults
- The incumbent will work with the maintenance officer in arranging the maintenance services for the vehicles.
- Other activities of the Transport Officer will include driving staff and visiting consultants to their desired destinations, cleaning and maintaining the vehicles and transporting patients with the ambulance.
- Responsible for the transport and safety of staff, visiting consultants, and patients.
- General maintenance and cleaning of the vehicles and ambulance.
- Responsible for reporting all vehicle faults to the maintenance/technical officer.
- Completing the daily mileage and service records for the vehicles and ambulance, which are to be checked by your supervisor.
- Liaise with the maintenance officer any maintenance work to be carried out on the vehicles and ambulance.
- Responsible for airport pick-ups and drop offs of the Medical Director, staff arriving from Abuja, and other visiting consultants.
- Responsible for the waybill of parcels.
- Drives ambulance to transport patients, usually with the help of a nurse.
- Ensure all the requirement for an ambulance is functioning properly.
- Minimum of an SSCE.
- Proven experience as a Driver.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Familiarity with GPS devices.
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage.
- Should possess a polite and professional disposition.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour).
- 1 – 2 years Experience.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love