Branch Manager at Britam
- Company: Britam
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The role holder will be responsible for sales of all lines of business products within the branch catchment. The role holder will be the responsible for branch activities.
1. Co-ordinate and supervise sales of all line of Business products (through cross selling activities);
2. Overall responsible for branch profitability;
3. Meet the various revenue targets for all product lines as agreed with the businesses;
4. Manage franchise and maintain excellent relations with independent Agents, Financial Advisors, brokers and other channels within their territory;
5. Ensure branch can serve clients of all lines of business and provide excellent customer service to existing customers and prospective clients;
6. Recruit and develop Financial Advisors, Unit Managers, and train various intermediaries to pursue sales of all line of business products;
7. Ensure each branch can serve clients of all Line of Businesses i.e. branch has cross functional operations and customer service capabilities
8. Gather marketing intelligence statistics to facilitate development of strategies to give the company a competitive advantage;
9. Responsible for ensure proper credit control management in the branch; and
10. General management and administration of the branch office.
- Responsible for staff working under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other staff members in Commercial and other Business Units
• Britam customers
• Insurance sector player
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a business related degree. Masters’ degree is an added advantage.
2. 5-7 years’ experience in a similar position; 2-3 of which should be in a managerial capacity.
3. Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, FLMI or AIIK).
4. Selling skills;
5. Sales and marketing management skills;
6. Customer, market and competitor understanding;
7. Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements; and
8. Knowledge of Britam products.
Technical/ Functional competencies
1. Selling skills;
2. Sales and marketing management skills;
3. Customer, market and competitor understanding;
4. Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements; and
5. Knowledge of Britam products.
1. Deciding and Initiating Action: Ensures key departmental objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focussing on achievement of departmental results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions takes into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
2. Leading and Supervising: Provides the department with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive departmental climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
3. Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the department, promotes the organisational strategy during departmental conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of the department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the department’s impression and brand on others.
4. Formulating Strategies and Concepts: Works strategically to realise organisational goals within the department; sets and develops departmental strategies; identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the department’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; encourage others to take a strategic and long term view in terms of the department’s future; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels in the department.
5. Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking: Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends; identifies business opportunities for the department; maintains awareness of developments, changes, trends and possible risks in the department’s structure and politics; demonstrates financial awareness; ensure costs are monitored and controlled and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.
6. Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined departmental objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors departmental performance against deadlines and milestones.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 1st April, 2021.