Purchasing Officer at Sandvik
- Company: Sandvik
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Key Performance Areas
- Maintain positive relationships with suppliers.
- Coordinate with internal teams regarding their supply needs.
- Negotiates pricing and contracts including but not limited to Vendor Managed Inventories.
- Determine proper quantity, price and timing of all materials and communicate to internal customers.
- Closely monitor inventory to determine what products are needed (recommended frequency bi-weekly)
- Review the scheduled PO’s for the week and what is inbound, work to prevent late deliveries with the vendors.
- Develop purchasing strategies to ensure consistent inventory.
- Establish standard operating procedures for purchasing and monitor the effectiveness of procedures.
- Manage daily purchasing activities.
- Develop Multiple Sourcing Strategy whenever possible for critical raw material supplies.
- Work with QEHS Manager to ensure that the ASL (Approved Supplier List) is accurate and up to date.
- Conduct Supplier Audits and Develop Supplier Audit Schedule.
- ISO standard QEHS – All Employees have the responsibility to follow our procedures and to work in a safe and healthy manner.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management or Business administration with minimum of five (5) years of experience in Purchasing.
- You must be registered with PSPTB (Procurement and Supplies professional and Technicians Board of Tanzania)
- You have good knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP Systems.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong critical thinking and negotiation skills, strong planning and organization skills, ability to work independently.
- You balance multiple priorities with ease while always delivering excellent results.
- You react well to change and are flexible and comfortable working in an ever-changing environment with a variety of contacts.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 10th August, 2021.