- Company: Pathfinder
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
This role will be responsible for providing technical advisory support across the range of Pathfinder programs in the effective and appropriate use of digital technologies in existing as well as future projects. They will work across business units to promote and embed digital innovations and approaches that will leverage digital technology to improve access to Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), including strengthening health system delivery, social behavior change, improved data collection and use, and learning approaches. This role will work directly with project teams and clients to identify, adopt and effectively utilize digital tools and technologies to improve service delivery, decision-making and accelerate development progress. The role will also support Pathfinder’s business development efforts, contributing to proposal development, ensuring that industry wide best practices are incorporated into proposals. They will be responsible for the growth of the practice of digital health within Pathfinder through strategic partnerships, thought leadership, learning exchange and capacity development.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Develops organization-wide relationships and builds a case for digital information systems and applications to improve scale and effectiveness of programs and establish a niche for Pathfinder in the field of digital engagement for health system strengthening, SBCC, and community
- Technical Design: Identifies new technologies, and workable solutions to address project and program needs. Supports program activities with appropriate digital technology that can be delivered by teams on the ground to create feedback loops for Pathfinder program managers, support operations, fuel appropriate decisions, and drive scale and effectiveness at low-cost. Collaborate with Pathfinder staff and partners to innovate and test prototypes that can demonstrate additive effectiveness of service delivery and program delivery. Demonstrates cost-effective use of digital technology to engage directly with providers at health facilities, community leaders and change agents, as well as with clients to achieve programmatic outcomes.
- Technical Assistance: Ensures best practices incorporated into digital engagement and learning are integrated into the design of Pathfinder programs and activities, where appropriate. Promotes digital literacy across the Pathfinder network. Create a cadre of Pathfinder staff who are able to advise Ministries of Health on digital engagement and outreach. Deliver technical assistance in digital technology for health systems strengthening and development and quality improvement. Identify tools that can be used to landscape and identify opportunities for digital technology applications within health systems, especially those that can achieve more effective care in the community. Collaborate internally with other BUs to stay abreast of opportunities and emerging issues.
- Technical Support for Proposals: Advise on strategic opportunities for digital investments within context of proposals. Scope and develop partnerships to complement and grow Pathfinder’s ability to develop digital mobilization and engagement, as well as effective program management and learning through digital technology.
- Manage Partnerships: Manage Pathfinder strategic partnerships within the global digital portfolio, including vendors, subawards, and contracts. Expand and complement Pathfinder expertise through work with partners.
- Brand Ambassador: Promote Pathfinder’s work in digital health through engagement in global forums, sharing with and learning from partners. Contribute to global digital health community. Ensure that Pathfinder work is visible to partners and influential in shaping priorities among donors and partners. Represents Pathfinder International to external organizations and audiences at professional meetings and conferences as assigned.
- Liaison with Key Stakeholders: Liaises and coordinates with key stakeholders, including USAID/Washington, missions, other donors and USG agencies, and international and local partners such as Bureau for Global Health, World Health Organization, IBP, to play a highly proactive role in repositioning family planning as a preventive health and a socioeconomic development intervention and to share lessons and technical information.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Digital Health Systems: Comprehensive knowledge of digital platforms across the ICT4D ecosystem.
- Public Health Information Systems: Advanced knowledge of low-income countries’ public health information systems.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Advanced knowledge of contraception and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments in SRHR and SSCB. Advanced skills in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating development and intervention activities, preferably with USAID, WHO, or other donor organizations working in the health sector.
- Program Operations and Development: Advanced skills in implementing and managing similar program operations in low-income countries,
- Leadership: Advanced skills as a leader in health and health service delivery strengthening in low-income countries and proven ability in developing strategic plans.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Advanced skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Operations and Financial Management: Advanced knowledge of operations and financial management in low-income countries.
- Change Leadership: Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in managing change across a broad group of stakeholders in an inclusive manner.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to make presentations on results and products to small and large groups.
- Community Relations: Advanced skills in facilitating work relationships between partners, government officials, and communities.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using local languages and English language.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Comprehensive Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services and safe abortion…
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, business, marketing, social science, or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics).
- Master’s degree in related field, such as Master’s in Public Health or Business Administration
- Experience of delivering and overseeing digital interventions and initiatives in multiple country contexts, preferably health-related in low-income countries
- 10 years’ experience in working in international development, preferably in implementing technology centric programs in developing countries
- Prefer: Experience with USAID-funded projects
- Prefer: Fluency in French
- May supervise others
- Travel required (at least 30%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Method of Application
Closing Date : 10th August, 2021.