Senior Software Developer at CRDB
- Company: CRDB
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
To develop new software products quickly, maintain or enhance the existing ones adaptably to improve time to market, reduce software licence costs and increase efficiency to bank’s internal processes. Responsible for building, testing and implementing in-house well designed new business applications or modify/upgrade existing business software applications to meet key business goals.
- Participate in the entire Software development lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Writes business logic, presentation logic and data logic based on the domain of specialization.
- Work with proven bank frameworks and software quality tools to build high-quality software’s.
- Develop high-quality reusable code and libraries that adhere to the bank system architecture principles.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Abide, Learn and actively engage in the proposition of new technologies and best practices to increase productivity and efficiency in the software development process.
- Implement proper security settings and hacking prevention.
- Collaborating with other developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Work closely and effectively with Product Owners to ensure delivery against agreed priorities with the aim of meeting current and future customer needs.
- Actively participate in systems/projects scoping, effort estimates, designs and engagement of development partner’s as part of the development and business teams’ processes.
- Comply with all relevant policies, quality controls, procedures and application architecture principles by applying all defined software best practices and frameworks consistent with and supportive of the enterprise application strategy.
- Understanding the use cases (and/or user stories) and work closely with analysts and solution design team in order to oversee and adhere to the design of the architecture for the products to be built.
- Provide users and systems with post-installation support.
- Ensures all coding are committed to the version control system, documented and demonstrated as per the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Stay current with the latest developments in software development/engineering disciplines and technologies and update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal network and participating in professional settings.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Software development industry.
- Experience with integrations with Banks products/systems is an added advantage.
- Agile/Scrum/DevOp certifications are added advantage.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering management.
- Proficiency in software construction; software testing; requirements engineering; software engineering process; software design; software configuration management; software quality management; and software maintenance disciplines.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of varieties of MVC frameworks/systems.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 15th August, 2021.