Accountant Job at Speedaf Limited – EverJobs Uganda
Speedaf Limited is a leading logistics delivery service company with a service network in over 70 countries globally.
Currently, Speedaf is a leading logistics service provider between China and Africa.
Speedaf Limited is looking for a suitable candidate (one) for the position of Accountant..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing database backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations..
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
• Involved in preparing cash flow statements, income and expenditure sheets
• Handling taxes such as VAT, PAYE, NSSF and income tax returns
• Preparation of Speedaf staff Payroll
• Prepares payments for any services rendered to Speedaf
• Acknowledges receipt of service/payment made to Speedaf
• Assists with audits.
• Preparation of revenue & expenditure returns as well as quarterly financial reports.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports.
• Ensure VAT, PAYE, NSSF returns and any other financial return required either statutorily or by the authority in line with the Uganda Revenue Authority.
• Prepare the annual financial statement in line with Speedaf guidelines.
• Work closely with the External Auditors to ensure that financial transactions are carried out in line with the set procedures/regulations.
• Develop a petty cash summary showing the opening balance, money received, money paid out and the cash balance at hand. Should attach all the necessary support documents of petty cash voucher and cheque payment voucher.
• Ensure proper filing of all financial records and documents of the office e.g. invoices, paid in bank deposit slips, work plans, used receipt books etc….
• Maintain up to date staff lists so as to avoid errors during payments of allowances and wages.
• Be a good listener and willing to keep up new assignments from time to time.
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Corporate Finance
• Reporting Skills
• Attention to Detail
• SFAS Rules
• Time Management
• Data Entry Management
• General Math Skills
• Interpersonal skills.
• Good English Command.
• Bachelor’s degree in tax, accounting, finance or any other related field.
• CPA will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 2-5years’ experience in accounting/finance
• Experience with financial reporting requirements
• Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrella.
All candidates who wish to apply for the above position can send a CV and Cover Letter to
[email protected] (please ensure to indicate the job applied for in subject head). Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience.