Corporate Affairs Officer Job Opportunities – Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd – Jobs in Uganda | Ugandan Jobline Jobs
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Officer
Organisation: Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Corporate Affairs Officer
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Mid-stream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda. The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
Job Summary: The Corporate Affairs Officer will mainly develop, implement, and execute various digital & social media activities and stakeholder engagements, prepare attractive designs that promote UNOC Brand across a diverse range of products, platforms, and events for UNOC in line with company objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement a social media strategy to align with UNOC business goals.
- Manage the company website.
- Oversee social media accounts (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and establish new accounts to increase the Company visibility.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content.
- Undertake social/digital data analytics to identify information gaps to facilitate improving the communication strategy.
- Regularly monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy and identify opportunities for UNOC.
- Map out a comprehensive digital marketing and visibility plan aligned with the business goals.
- Create imaginative motion graphics (animations) regarding UNOC project activities and interventions. Create attention-capturing cartoons and caricatures. Conceptualise visuals based on requirements.
- Alongside department teams, participate in the creation of communication campaigns by conceptualizing and preparing illustrations, visuals, designs and animations.
- Design reports, communiques, press releases and similar documentation.
- Create and sustain relations with local and international media houses (journalists, editors, bloggers, and influencers) including an up-to-date database thereof.
- Oversee news media activities namely media tours, press conferences, interviews and talk shows including attending talk shows.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communications, Public Relations or Art and Design or other relevant degree.
- A qualification / training in graphics design will be an added advantage.
- At least five years proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Previous experience sourcing and managing content development, publishing, and online reputation management.
- Experience in graphics designing, creation & development of content, branding and communication campaigns, within an agency, editorial or corporate design environment.
- Adequate knowledge of website design and development.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms.
- Exceptional creativity and innovation.
- Possess functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Excellent writing skills.
- High degree of professionalism to ensure that the company’s image is protected.
- A good eye for detail and strong typographic design and layout skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send completed and signed Application Forms, Download Here, together with certified copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below. Applications should be emailed to [email protected]
Applications delivered through courier or post office will also be received. Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents. While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 6th August 2021 by 5:00pm