Senior IT Internal Auditor Job Placement – National Medical Stores (NMS) – Jobs in Uganda | Ugandan Jobline Jobs
Senior IT Internal Auditor Job Placement – National Medical Stores (NMS)
Job Title: Senior IT Internal Auditor
Organisation: National Medical Stores (NMS)
Duty Station: NMS Head Office, Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Internal Auditor
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament in 1993. Our mandate is to Procure, Store and Distribute medicines and other medical supplies to health facilities.
Job Summary: The Senior IT Internal Auditor will perform detailed evaluation of internal control and audit reviews of computer information systems
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and/or performs reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems.
- Maintains and develops computerized audit tools.
- Prepares audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Prepares and presents written and oral reports and other technical information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to management.
- Consults with and advises auditors and staff on various operational issues related to computerized information systems, and on general business operations as needed.
- Follows up on audit findings to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
- Assists and trains other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art
- technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Develops data analytics tools for the department.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- Certification in Information Systems Auditor (CISA), OR Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), OR Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- At least 3 years of experience in IT Auditing.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Ability to evaluate and review a range of mainframe, PC, and distributed production and applications computer systems.
- Ability to review system backup, disaster recovery and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of professional staff in area of specialty.
- Knowledge of software requirements for the auditing of computing systems and procedures.
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants should submit an online application. Please scan your academic qualifications: degree qualifications, curriculum vitae, Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education, Uganda Certificate of Education, membership to the professional body and other relevant academic documents and national identity card (both faces) and submit them online:
Failure to attach any of the listed required documents shall lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant. The application letter should be addressed as below and should be signed, scanned and sent online:
The Chief Human Resource and Administration Officer
National Medical Stores
P.O Box 16, Entebbe
Plot 4-16 Nsamizi Road,
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us within one month from the date of closure of receipt of applications, consider your application unsuccessful.
- Candidates should attach all relevant academic documents as PDF Files
- National Medical Stores reserves the right to verify documents attached with the relevant awarding institutions to authenticate their validity.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- National Medical Stores is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 26th July 2021