Rescue Committee (IRC)
Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and
helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request
of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance
to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40
countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions
who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to
The IRC has been
working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes
health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s
protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
Job Summary: Under
the supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Volunteer will be
responsible for ensuring that supplier files are maintained and updated. The
Supply Chain Volunteer will assist the Supply Chain Officer(s) in various areas
to ensure that the store is well maintained and the issuing and receiving of
items is done as per policy while ensuring security/safety of the materials and
maintaining audit-compliant records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Focal person to receive all mail and
distribute it to the intended recipients as well all documentation from the
field offices that requires approval from Kampala.
· Assist the SC Officer Warehouse & Stores
to ensure that stores documentation is updated in a timely manner upon receipt
and issuance of items.
· Maintain and update procurement supplier
files by ensuring filing is done correctly as per SC Records Management SOP.
· Assist the Supply Chain Officer with
processing payments, recording the payments in the payments book, and ensuring
the payments are submitted to finance.
· Assist the SC team with printing documents,
scanning, and filing as and when the need arises.
· Assist the SCO-Warehouse to ensure goods,
equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or
waybill (all other items).
· Work with the SCO Warehouse to manage and
document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through
the IRC Kampala warehouse.
· Assist the SCO Warehouse to implement and
ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover
· Where necessary organize or carry out the
transportation of goods to the carrier premises for onward road shipment.
· Supervise truck loading and documentation
· Assist with stock take and stock counts.
· Manage and document the receipt, handling,
storage, release and reporting of goods through the store(s).
· Receive completed store’s request forms and
prepare the goods for issuance.
· Work with Urban and field teams to process
payments for the vehicle hire service providers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the International
Rescue Committee (IRC) Supply Chain Volunteer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree
or Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
· Strong sense of personal integrity and
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
· Knowledge of procurement and generic store
management systems and forms
· Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without
· Competent in spoken and written English
· Good mathematical skills.
· Competent in computer use and maintenance.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and
time management skills.
How to Apply:
should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 29th March 2021