STEM Educator Job at STEMCafe – EverJobs Uganda
About the job
Educators with a passion for science, technology and facilitation. The ideal candidate will:
- Be comfortable with facilitating authentic, project-based and experiential learning experiences, through play.
- Be passionate, enjoy and have experience working with kids.
- Be able to build and inspire a community of young thinkers, designers, and makers: the next generation of innovators, scientists and engineers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with kids and young adults on STEAM projects.
- Facilitate project-based STEAM activities with clear learning outcomes.
- Engage kids and young adults students in various STEAM exploration.
- Design fun related to classroom study and independent inquiry.
- Use visual guide and tools, make learning visible
- Further develop, build, and define new learning experience.
- Uphold a culture of respect and care for all members, lab and tools.
- Work as part of a team to keep the café organized and safe for kids at all times.
Skills and Qualities:
- Demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Committed to professional development and a growth mindset.
- Must be fun and able to connect with young people using various strategies.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Able to work independently, and under minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate ideas and plans clearly and effectively.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Confident, self-motivated, and able to work well in teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with lots of responsibility.
- B. Sc or equivalent with over 1 year verifiable experience working with kids.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of STEAM.
- Background in science is a plus.
- Knowledge of 3-D printing, project-based learning, robotics, laser cutters, and coding a plus.
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]