Technical Officer/Advisor Health Systems Strengthening
Options Consultancy seeks a Technical Office/Advisor who will provide technical support to our long-term programmes in Africa and South Asia, through a mix of remote support and travel to the country offices. You will have the opportunity to contribute ideas and evidence for developing new concepts and proposals, working closely with our experienced international teams.
The role of the Technical Officer/Advisor Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) is to provide technical support to programmes that strengthen health systems in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The post-holder will be able to appreciate the complexities of health systems including the political context in which they function, provide specific support for one or more of the health systems build blocks, and be able to critically appraise data and evidence on Health Systems and Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Adolescent and Child Health (RMNCAH). S/he will be responsible for ensuring programmes have access to the latest global evidence and for supporting evidence generation and learning from and between programmes. Strong interest in and contribution to developing new proposals is expected.
- An MSc or relevant qualification or related comparable experience in public health/sexual and reproductive health/ public policy/political science/research and evaluation
- Experience in delivering technical work on health systems in Africa
- Experience in providing remote and in-person technical assistance to counterparts, across a range of overseas programmes
- Experience in using data and evidence to build programmes and to influence policy and practice
- Experience in developing new concepts and technical design of programmes
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in French highly desirable.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ approach
- Candidates require a valid work permit for the UK.